Xplorer Guide II Fly Rods
R2,210.00 – R3,640.00
The Guide II has been rated one of the best value performance rods on the market.
These moderate fast action rods are powerful and yet responsive for precision accurate casts.
They are light in hand, easy casting, tip action rods that are great for fresh and saltwater.
• High modulus carbon blanks.
• Moderate fast action 4 pc rods. (One 8pc model).
• Matt olive finished blank to reduce rod flash.
• Alignment dots and model coded sections for easy set up and identification.
• Light weight, aluminum up locking reel seats with natural wood burl inserts on freshwater models, double up-locking aluminum reel seat with triangle shape inserts on saltwater models.
• Pac Bay Hailoy ring stripping guides. Pac Bay light wire single foot guide on freshwater models. Pac Bay hard chrome snake guides on saltwater models.
• Premium 2A grade cork grips.
• Cloth rod sock with Brown Cordura covered tube. ( 8’6’5wt comes in an Olive cordura cover rod tube)
• No Fuss Lifetime warranty.
|MODEL||CORK GRIP||LINE WEIGHT||LENGTH||No. OF SECTIONS||ROD WEIGHT|
|Guide II 794-1wt||A||1wt||7′9″||4||60gm|
|Guide II 794-3wt||A||3wt||7′9″||4||69gm|
|Guide II 1005-3wt EXT||A||3wt||9′0″ & 10’0″ with EXT**||4+1||90gm|
|Guide II 1004-3wt||A||3wt||10’0″||4||84gm|
|Guide II 864-4wt||A||4wt||8′6″||4||79gm|
|Guide II 1005-4wt EXT||A||4wt||9’0″ & 10’0″ with EXT**||4+1||93gm|
|Guide II 868-5wt||A||5wt||8′6″||8||84gm|
|Guide II 904-5wt||A||5wt||9′0″||4||86gm|
|Guide II 1004-5wt||A||5wt||10′0″||4||95gm|
|Guide II 904-6wt||A||6wt||9′0″||4||93gm|
|Guide II 964-6wt||A||6wt||9′6″||4||93gm|
|Guide II 904-7wt||B||7wt||9′0″||4||93gm|
|Guide II 904-9wt||B||9wt||9′0″||4||110gm|
|Guide II 904-10wt||B||10wt||9′0″||4||134gm|
|Guide II 904-12wt||C||12wt||9′0″||4||167gm|
** Extender Rods
The new Guide ll 10ft Extender rods have been uniquely tailored for ever changing river requirements. This series of rods enables the angler to change the rod from a 9ft casting rod to a 10ft nymphing rod by simply inserting the 1ft extender piece. No need to restring your fly line, the 1ft section fits between the butt and the mid butt sections. This enables you to have one rod that can be used for both casting and nymphing-all in one. They are available in 3wt and 4wt 10ft 4 +1pc.
In the Guide II 10ft range , we have added the Guide II 10ft 5wt and 10ft 3wt straight 4 Pc models. The advantages of fishing a 10ft rod are evident when fishing off a boat and off a float tube. It results in longer casts as the line is higher up off the water, enabling you to fish longer leaders and lighter tippets with ease.