Do you have a passion for Fly Fishing? We are looking for an individual to join our team at Xplorer Flyfishing in Durban North.
The Retail Manager position at The Xplorer Fly Fishing Concept Store requires high attention to detail and a dedication to developing a high level and diverse knowledge of product and retail best practices. A successful applicant must be computer literate, be an enthusiastic, high energy, self-starting, creative leader, and a team player, with a strong retail background (Advantageous), emphasizing best customer service. We are looking for a person that has the ability to multi-task, has strong people skills, especially as it relates to customer service, and is a relationship builder. Honesty, loyalty, and a positive attitude are a given.
This position is to be filled ASAP as it requires lengthy training and a handover period.
– Exemplify excellent product knowledge and customer care within a broad range of fly fishing products, services, and fishing locations
– Effectively communicate noticeable sales trends and consumer behavior to the rest of the team.
– Collaborate with the team to promote products and complete product/service requests made by customers who contact the shop
– Develop promotions aimed at the different seasons, festivals, and events
– Maintain proper inventory levels, ensure stocking, implement purchasing plans and maintain contact with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiency in meeting sales targets
– Maintaining a productive work environment
– Ensure cleanliness and organization of personal and shared workspaces Assisting with the picking, packing & dispatch of all online orders
– Assist in general store maintenance
– Exercise best practices for merchandising products in order to best display fly fishing equipment, clothing, and other gear, making products visually compelling to the customer and resulting in a sales floor and online store that is easy to shop and navigate
– Fulfil out of market customer requests quickly and efficiently, with the highest attention to Detail
– Comply with all company policies and procedures
– Attend festivals, hosted trips, and events where needed
– Drive and manage our various social media/database mailing platforms
– In-depth Knowledge of fly fishing and fly tying, be an active member of the South African Fly fishing scene
– Experience in sales & customer service
– Excellent communication skills and have strong computer literacy
– Display strong design skills and have a willingness to learn
– Ability to work long hours, weekends, and holidays where necessary
– Have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
– Have the ability to teach fly patterns to inhouse tiers
– Be involved in every aspect of successfully running a fly fishing shop
– Previous retail management experience (Advantageous)
– Excellent Customer Service skills
– Friendly, outgoing, and able to work well with others
– Knowledge of fly fishing, flies, products, and fishing venues
– Strong Computer and design skills
– Strong leadership and organizational skills
– Understanding of general marketing strategies, including social media
If you think you are the correct passionate person to fill this role, please forward your CV as well as a cover letter detailing your fishing and fly tying experience to firstname.lastname@example.org